It is both a blessing and a curse, to feel everything so very deeply.

Not everyone sees falling leaves and think, that's the most beautiful thing they've seen all day.
Not everyone smells their cup of hot coffee, thinking " thank God " before sipping onto it.

I wonder, if someone can ever die from sadness.
It's been drowning me for quite awhile now and maybe that's why I get affected even by the slightest touch. I always thought that I got over it, but people keep touching my scars and now I'm a little worn out.

" I am not a graceful person. I am not a Sunday morning or a Friday sunset. I am a Tuesday 2am, I am gunshots muffled by a few city blocks, I am a broken window during February. My bones crack on a nightly basis. I fall from elegance with a dull thud, and I apologise for my awkward sadness. I sometimes believe that I belong to all the leap days that didn't happen. The way light and darkness mix under my skin has become a storm. You don't see the lightning but you hear the echoes. " - ??


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And, to everyone else who feels like the world would be the same without you.

" You were born to be a rainstorm, 

To send your voice through the night, 

To sing your song with falling raindrops, 

To break the darkness with your light, 

You were born to show raw beauty, 

To wash the dirt out from their eyes, 

But the whole world ran for cover, 

When you open up your skies, 

So you made your thunder silent, 

And learnt to bite your rainy tongue, 

You gave them what they thought they wanted, 

You gave them live with endless sun, 

But as they watched their lives grow weaker, 

Watched as their leaves turned brown and dry, 

They wished they didn't take for granted, 

Your booming presence in the sky, 

You were born to be a rainstorm, 

To be chaotic and be bold, 

To show there's beauty in the knowledge, 

That you cannot be controlled, 

Because you might think you're not needed, 

Life without you is the same, 

But nothing beautiful would ever grow, 

If it wasn't washed with rain. "


Enjoy. xx
Angel

Comments

Popular Posts